Frequently (and not so frequently) asked questions:
- Are pets allowed at 695 Space? Unfortunately due to the sensitivity of projects that our members handle, the liability of having pets at the space is too great.
- Do you offer parking? Please check Whereipark.com (disclosure: referral link) for information about nearby parking rentals. They offer 2 parking facilities within 2-3 blocks from 695 Space.
- Can I receive mail at 695 Space? You are permitted to receive USPS mail with any membership 6 months or longer, and you are welcome to receive packages at 695 Space regardless of membership length. Please note that the USPS does not permit forwarding of personal mail from commercial addresses–please keep that in mind if you should need to leave our space.
- Are you currently open? Yes, we are currently open and have availability for new members.
- What Covid-19 provisions do you have in place? We are following federal, state, and local guidelines to ensure the safety of our members. This includes the following:
- We have reduced the number of available spaces and have installed floor-to-ceiling barriers to reduce air circulation between spaces. Additionally, all spaces are provided with a HEPA air purifier with UV-C sanitization to reduce the risk of Covid-19 exposure.
- All entrants must complete an online contact tracing survey daily upon arrival.
- We’ve installed a wall-mount thermometer for all entrants to check their temperature upon arrival daily.
- Our entire space is electrostatically disinfected every two weeks. All high-touch surfaces are sanitized daily.
- We keep windows open (when the air quality permits) and keep our ventilation system running 24×7 to ensure fresh air.
- All members are required to comply with our Covid-19 policy, which is based on CDC, California Department of Public Health (CDPH), and San Francisco Department of Public Health guidelines. This includes wearing a mask when in a common area or within 30′ of another person. Members are not permitted to enter other members’ workspaces.
- How much does a 695 Space membership cost? Please contact us to get the current fee schedule. Fees are based on the type of space, as well as the length of your membership term. We offer, 3, 6, 12, and 24 month memberships.
- I’m not sure that I can commit to a lengthy membership. What are my options? We understand that especially for small businesses, startups, freelancers, and independent consultants, long-term commitments are difficult. To alleviate that stress, we offer a 90 day early termination option. If you need to end your membership early, just let us know. If/when we are able to find a suitable replacement for your space, you will no longer be responsible for fees once they take over. Regardless of whether we find a replacement, your maximum liability is 90 days from your notification date.
- Can I have multiple users work out of my space? Additional members can use your space for an additional fee of $50/month/person. Of course, during the pandemic, we require that all additional users are from within your household.
- Do you require a deposit? Yes, we hold one month’s worth of fees as a deposit, however, we have yet to withhold any amount from the deposit refunds to our departing members.
- I don’t need a space to work, but I’m interested in using the machine shop–is that possible? Unfortunately, our machine shop is available to members only. Please consider checking out nearby Humanmade.org.
- Can you teach me how to use the machine shop equipment? We are happy to orient you to the specifics of our equipment, but require you to have some prior basic familiarity with the use of each piece of equipment.