Frequently (and not so frequently) asked questions:
- Are pets allowed at 695 Space? Unfortunately due to the sensitivity of projects that our members handle, the liability of having pets at the space is too great.
- Do you offer parking? Please check Whereipark.com (disclosure: referral link) for information about nearby parking rentals. They offer 2 parking facilities within 2-3 blocks from 695 Space.
- Can I receive mail at 695 Space? You are permitted to receive USPS mail with any membership 6 months or longer, and you are welcome to receive packages at 695 Space regardless of membership length. Please note that the USPS does not permit forwarding of personal mail from commercial addresses--please keep that in mind if you should need to leave our space.
- Are you currently open? Yes, we are currently open and have availability for new members.
- Do you require members to be vaccinated? Yes
- Do you require members to wear a mask? Members are free to go maskless in their own work space, but must wear a mask in all common areas.
- What Covid-19 provisions do you have in place? We are following federal, state, and local guidelines to ensure the safety of our members. This includes the following:
- We have reduced the number of available spaces and have installed floor-to-ceiling barriers to reduce air circulation between spaces. Additionally, all spaces are provided with a HEPA air purifier with UV-C sanitization to reduce the risk of Covid-19 exposure.
- We've installed a wall-mount thermometer for all entrants to check their temperature upon arrival daily.
- Our entire space is electrostatically disinfected every two weeks. All high-touch surfaces are sanitized daily.
- We keep windows open (when the air quality permits) and keep our ventilation system running 24x7 to ensure fresh air.
- All members are required to comply with our Covid-19 policy, which is based on CDC, California Department of Public Health (CDPH), and San Francisco Department of Public Health guidelines. This includes wearing a mask when in a common area or within 30' of another person. Members are not permitted to enter other members' workspaces.
- How much does a 695 Space membership cost? Please see the fee schedule below:
- Corner office: $1150/month
- Regular spaces: $850/month
- Mini spaces: $395/month
- Can I have multiple users work out of my space? Additional members can use your space for an additional fee of $50/month/person. Of course, there is no charge for ocassional guests.
- Do you require a deposit? Yes, we hold one month's worth of fees as a deposit, however, we have yet to withhold any amount from the deposit refunds to our departing members.
- I don't need a space to work, but I'm interested in using the machine shop--is that possible? Unfortunately, our machine shop is available to members only. Please consider checking out nearby Humanmade.org.
- Can you teach me how to use the machine shop equipment? We are happy to orient you to the specifics of our equipment, but require you to have some prior basic familiarity with the use of each piece of equipment.